For more information about St Michael’s, you can…
St. Michael’s is an aided Church of England School and has strong links with St. Michael and All Angels’ Church in Tettenhall Regis Parish. As a church school, it is run by the Church Authorities in co-operation with the Local Education Authority. Our school was erected about 1825 and refurbished in 1995.
As an Aided school we show a positive Christian emphasis in worship, religious educational teaching and our general ethos.
St. Michael’s is set on the north western side of Wolverhampton on the A41 not far from the village of Tettenhall. There is a playing field at the back of the school, a school pond, a wild garden and a nature walk which can be used for environmental work.
The school is a two storey building with Foundation and Key Stage One classrooms downstairs and Key Stage Two classrooms upstairs. There is an outdoor Reception classroom which is used on a daily basis regardless of inclement weather.
St. Michael’s is a one form entry with seven classes. Children range from four to eleven years of age. As there is currently no nursery attached to the school the Reception class is made up of children from different nurseries. The children settle into school life during an induction period prior to their admission. The maximum class size in Key Stage One is 30 children.